Welcome to Minseok Song’s homepage. He is an Associate Professor at Department of Industrial & Management Engineering at POSTECH (Pohang University of Science and Technology) since 2016. From 2018, he is the head of Open Innovation Big Data Center at POSTECH. He was an Assistant/Associate professor at School of Business Administration at UNIST (Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology) from 2010 to 2015. Before joining UNIST, he worked at the Information Systems Group in the Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences of Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) as a postdoctoral researcher from Feb. 2006 until Aug. 2009. He was also a member of the research school Beta at TU/e.
His research interests include business analytics, business information system, business process management, process mining, block chain, and product data management.
Google scholar: h-index 24; 3900+ total citations
Scopus: h-index 19; 1940+ total citations
- 2001 – 2005, POSTECH, Ph.D. in Industrial & Management Engineering (School of Electrical and Computer Engineering) in February 2006. Have majored in information system and computer application program.
Dissertation: Deriving Organizational Relations from Business Process Data
- 1999 – 2000, POSTECH, Master of Science degree in Industrial & Management Engineering in February 2001. Have majored in information system and computer application program.
Thesis : XML-based Process Definition Language for Process Engineering
- 1995 – 1998, POSTECH Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial & Management Engineering (with Cum Laude) in February 1999. Have minored in Computer Science and Engineering program
- 2018.2 – present, Head, Open Innovation Big Data Center, POSTECH (Pohang University of Science and Technology)
- 2016.2 – present, Associate Professor, POSTECH (Pohang University of Science and Technology)
- 2014.3 – 2016.1, Associate Professor, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST)
- 2010.1 – 2014.2, Assistant Professor, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST)
- 2009.8 – 2009.12, Research Professor, Seoul National University of Technology
- 2006.2 – 2009.8, Postdoctoral researcher, Information Systems, Dept. of IE & IS, Eindhoven University of Technology
- 2007.6 – 2009.8, Scientific Staff, Beta Research School (Research School for Operations Management and Logistics)
- 2003.10 – 2004. 3, Visiting Student, Information Systems, Technology Management, Eindhoven University of Technology
- 1999.3 – 2006.2, Research/Teaching assistant, Pohang University of Science and Technology